cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrNappa
Level: Powered On

Camera bug on iOS?

In my app I have a few places where the user can take a picture. I'm using the Camera control because it's easy to use and I don't want the user to pick something from the camera roll.

For the most part, this is working correctly. But in one place, in a component I use to display the Camera input, the camera view port stays black. I can still click it and it will make a 'live' photo, however.

I think the component itself isn't the problem, because I isolated the component and used it in a separate test app, where it worked correctly. I also tested the app on Android, where it worked correctly.

Are there any known issues with the camera for iOS? The bug occurs on an ipad mini 4 running iOS 13.2 (didn't have a chance to test it on other apple devices).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Lars4

Re: Camera bug on iOS?

I experience this error regularly when I export/import an app. Then, in the environment where I imported the app, the camera controls show this error. 

I solve it by moving the controls a bit and save/publish the app afterwards. 

Maybe moving the control helps you as well. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MrNappa ,

Can you please share more configuration details about this component? Like the related formulas/properties and what are the other controls included?

Please also test with another iOS device to see if this is specific to this iPad.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MrNappa

@v-monli-msft wrote:

Can you please share more configuration details about this component? Like the related formulas/properties and what are the other controls included?

The component itself consists basically of a text input and a camera input, a switch, and some buttons plus an image control to display the snapped image. The camera component is initially hidden (visibility is controlled by the switch). See screenshot for an impression.

component.jpg

The component is used in only one place, but I do have 2 more components that also use a Camera input. I think those other 2 components are used either once or twice. Those work correctly, however.

Because I extracted the component and ran it in a separate test app successfully, I'm inclined to think that there's something wrong when using multiple Camera controls?

@v-monli-msft wrote:

Please also test with another iOS device to see if this is specific to this iPad.

Tested it on some more devices. Every test was done using the latest PowerApps app version 3.19112.22

iPad mini 4 // iOS 13.2 -- failed (original report)

iPhone XR // iOS 13.1.3 -- failed
iPad 6th gen // iOS 13.2 -- failed

For completeness sake: the Android test that succeeded was run on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 with Android 8.0.0 (app 3.19111.27). 

MrNappa

I uploaded a video here to show what I mean. Notice the first camera viewer stays black, but I can tap it to make a picture. The second camera viewer displays correctly.

Is there any way I can get some feedback on this?

Highlighted
Lars4

I experience this error regularly when I export/import an app. Then, in the environment where I imported the app, the camera controls show this error. 

I solve it by moving the controls a bit and save/publish the app afterwards. 

Maybe moving the control helps you as well. 

View solution in original post

MrNappa

Wow, that was so minor and unrelated that I really didn't expect it to work.... But it totally did!

I made the component 1 pixel smaller in all dimensions, and it now displays correctly...

Thanks a million!

(Still an annoying bug though 😅)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,628)