cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Camera control does not function in windows Power app desktop app

Hello Mates,

I recently built an app that uses the camera control feature in power apps and found it to be working perfectly fine on the browser. 

But, when I tried to open the app in the "Power App desktop app" downloaded from the Microsoft Store the "camera feature is not functioning". It randomly opens the camera which is just 2 times out of 10. There appears a black screen when the control is clicked. 

Is there anyone facing similar issues with camera and if you found a solution please let me know.

Thank you 😊

6 REPLIES 6
AsanKani
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi @Anonymous 
I give few suggestions, May be one of my Suggestion will be resolved your issue.

1. Un-install PowerApps desktop app and install again then check it's working fine or not

2. Edit PowerApps and check anything Label / Text box overlap the button coding?

3. Check the order of Button is where? or simply check the button to right click --> reorder --> Bring to front then save and check your PowerApps in Desktop App

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways or you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you are looking for feedback, then the Camera Control can be "buggy" at times as can the desktop app (even more so - I never use it for this reason as the browser works much better.). Putting the two together does not surprise me you are getting inconsistent results.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI AsanKani,

Thank you for the response. I will surely give these solutions a try and let you know if they are giving convincing results.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI WarrenBelz,

Thank you for the response. Yes, the browser does work very fine and hardly shows any inconsistency. But, as of now I'm trying to make use of the Desktop App as per the requirement. Kindly, let me know if you come across any potential solutions for this issue.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I would like to say I can do this, but I do not use the app.

@Anonymous  are you try my suggestion?

Let me know same layout setting in PowerApps Web browser view and Desktop App screen?

Refer below link and make sure confirmed. May be screen layout changed, some label / other tool overlapping your button. 
You can try this and let me know working fine? 

Change screen size and orientation of canvas apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

If the content was useful in other ways or you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,753)