cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Digital
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Camera control not working after Power Apps update 3.21061.19 to 3.1072.25

I made an update to an app that caused the camera control to stop working. Power Apps version changed from 3.21061.19 to 3.1072.25 When I restored my app to the previous version the camera works again. I tried setting the Camera property using a dropdown using values 1-10 but none of them work. Are these devices no longer supported for camera control?

This means I can't publish any changes to the app without breaking the camera function. Devices used are Samsung Galaxy 4 and 4S on Android.

The app is widely used and I need to make updates without breaking the camera control. I tried to raise a support ticket but get a 500 error. How can I raise a ticket as I believe this is a bug introduced with the new update.

cam_msg.png

5 REPLIES 5
PaulD1
Super User
Super User

I've had many issues with the camera control over the years with the Power Apps Android mobile player and new releases of Power Apps (camera not working, camera 'freezing', camera losing the red channel and so on).

Two things:

Try also setting the camera to 0 (as well as 1 to 10)

In Studio, go into Settings, Support and under authoring version, click Edit and choose (if it is available) the previously working version and then publish your new changes under that version and test - this should allow you to confirm whether this is a bug introduced in a specific version:

PaulD1_0-1628031030182.png

Digital
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @PaulD1 ,

Thank you for that. I will try and so as you suggest with the authoring version. Sorry I meant 0-10 in the Camera property - it was initially set up to use zero and was working. Strangely even though I rolled back to a previous version the camera now has a 1-2 second delay before it works.

The phones are getting on a bit now (7-8 years old), so some gremlins to be expected I suppose. If this doesn't work I'll convince my client to use the Add Picture control instead as I believe that is a bit more stable.

PlumTree
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Digital 

Did you find a fix for this. I'm experiencing the same issue, but there is a delay of ~ 4sec?

I'm using a Samsung s21 and Samsung A30

Cheers

Digital
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@PlumTree ,

I had to roll back to a previous version of Power Apps as PaulD1 suggested. There is now a slight delay before the camera fires up but my users are going to put up with it. I tried to log a ticket with Power Apps as I believe this is a bug but their support system doesn't seem to be working.

PlumTree
Frequent Visitor

Bugger, the earliest I can roll back to is 3.21073.27. Thanks for the reply

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,242)