Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FreeNit
Advocate II
Advocate II

Camera control stop working on mobile devices

Hello.

Today in all my apps that I have published stop working CAMERA control.
If I run the app from a PC it works but from a mobile device, it shows only a black screen in the area where should be a camera window.

I have tried to republish the app, change camera control and nothing helped.

What has happened with this functionality????

5 REPLIES 5
FreeNit
Advocate II
Advocate II

In addition check from different mobile phones and some of them working fine and some not working.
Could someone recommend how to solve this issue???

Hi @FreeNit ,

What type of devices are they? Some newer Samsung models need camera 3 and I have seen may issues on Huawei phones.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

PaulD1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Try running your App in a browser (via the link you get when you go to the App details in Studio).

There seem to have been quality control issues in recent months with the Power Apps Player for Android - we are using Xiaomi devices and it seems the Camera and Pen Input controls get broken in one release, fixed in another release and then broken again later 😞   Running the App in the browser is OK.

If running in a browser is OK (and you are not using Mobile App specific features such as LoadData/SaveData) then that is a workaround until a (hopefully fixed) new version of the Power Apps Player is available, at least until a later release breaks it again 😞 

It`s really strange that on some devices all working fine and some note and on some stop working.

And the question is how PowerApps`s testing team working before publishing a new version of their product?

Fabprefab
Frequent Visitor

I have the same exact issue by the sounds of it.

It's popped up on 3 different types of mobile phones now, the latest a new Samsung.

I have been in touch with Microsoft support but yet to receive a resolution, but will share if I do.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (4,713)