cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Camera images not displaying in collection. Collection only showing broken links.

Hello,

I'm trying to populate a collection from a camera control. I am using the following code on a button

Collect(pics2,{img:Camera2.Photo});Navigate(LicenseScreen,ScreenTransition.Cover)

When I go to look at the collection it produces the attached image. I've tried changing the column name. I've additionally tried deleting and recreating the whole thing, to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

If you are taking the photo from a button (rather than from the OnSelect of the camera control) you need to use the Stream property instead of the photo property, e.g. 

Collect(pics2,{img:Camera2.Stream});Navigate(LicenseScreen,ScreenTransition.Cover)

You also have to set the Stream rate property of the camera to 100.

Frustrating that it is inconsistent (Photo vs Stream) as this catches a lot of people out.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

If you are taking the photo from a button (rather than from the OnSelect of the camera control) you need to use the Stream property instead of the photo property, e.g. 

Collect(pics2,{img:Camera2.Stream});Navigate(LicenseScreen,ScreenTransition.Cover)

You also have to set the Stream rate property of the camera to 100.

Frustrating that it is inconsistent (Photo vs Stream) as this catches a lot of people out.

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sgerschutz ,

Do you add another button control within your app to capture the pictures taken by Camera control?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue may be related to your operation. The Camera control would take a picture only when you click the Camera control. If you press the another button to collect the pictures captured via the Camera control, the result the Camera2.Photo formula would return Blank (Just as the screenshot you provided).

As an fixed solution, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnSelect property of the Camera control to following:

Collect(pics2, {img:Camera2.Photo})

Set the OnSelect propert of the Navigate Button control to following:

Navigate(LicenseScreen,ScreenTransition.Cover)

Please take  atry with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

You're a lifesaver! This fixed my issue flawlessly!

Power Participant
Power Participant

Try using stream as mentioned in the video below.

https://youtu.be/QNOEi-loNz8

Power Participant
Power Participant

Try using stream as mentioned in the video

https://youtu.be/QNOEi-loNz8

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,472)