cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft
Microsoft

Camera not showing in PowerApps

Hi everyone,

Trying out PowerApps on 2 android devices: OnePlus 6T with Android 9.0 and ZTE Axon 7 with Android 7.1.1, on both devices, my camera control is not showing the camera, instead it's stuck on a play button. Tried reinstalling the PowerApps app, checked permissions and reformatted the phone: any other ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Camera not showing in PowerApps

Hello @TimoVerbrugghe,

Have you tried republishing the app with the latest version? I was able to reproduce the issue on my personal device (OnePlus 6) with an app that was published a while back but it worked fine when I republished. Let me know if this works for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @TimoVerbrugghe

Is the camera control enabled and do you have a variable or trigger changing that anywhere?

Cheers,

@iAm_ManCat

@iAm_ManCat
Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is,
keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Power Apps
Power Apps

Hello @TimoVerbrugghe,

Have you tried republishing the app with the latest version? I was able to reproduce the issue on my personal device (OnePlus 6) with an app that was published a while back but it worked fine when I republished. Let me know if this works for you.

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TimoVerbrugghe,

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Please check if you have disabled the Camera control within your app. In other words, please check if you have set the DisplayMode property of the Camera control to DisplayMode.Disabled or DisplayMode.View.

Please also check if the PowerApps Mobile App in your Android device is the latest version, if not, please upgrade it into the latest version, then try your app again, check if the issue is solved.

You could also consider take a try to re-publish your app or re-create a new app, then try your app again to check if the issue still exists.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions! Can confirm that it indeed sometimes worked with certain apps and sometimes it didn't. Unfortunately do not have permission to republish the apps I want to use myself but will get in contact with the owner of the app to ask for republication. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,276)