cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Camera opened from AddPicture control frozen on iPhone

Please be so kind as to read my full post before responding.
Thank you for your consideration.

In one PowerApp using the AddPicture control I and other members of the team I'm working in, are experiencing freezes in the Camera app that is opened after selecting Camera from the Add Picture control.
After selecting the Add Picture control, after selecting the camera, after having taken a picture and the buttons having switched "Use this" and "Re-Take", the camera app/popup freezes and only a restart of the PowerApps App seems to help.
We have encountered this issue only on iPhone devices, not on Android, and not in Browsers, or in PowerApps for Windows App.
Also, this issue seems to never appear on the first use of the Add picture control, only on the second or later uses of the Add picture control, e.g. take picture with add picture control and use in powerapp, ok, create next record, try to use add picture control again, freeze.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Camera opened from AddPicture control frozen on iPhone

@SaWu Thanks for the detailed response. It is very helpful in understanding your exact context.

Here's what I understand:

• The camera freeezes when
    • on iPhone devices, not on browsers not on Android
    • on the second use of the Add Picture control

Can you share the version of iOS, PowerApps app, and grab a session id while on the iOS device? Be sure to @ me again.

https://aka.ms/pa/sesssionid

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SaWu ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my iOS device, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The version of my PowerApps Mobile App is 3.19041.12, the version of my iOS device is 12.2. Please check if the version of your PowerApps Mobile app in your iOS device is the latest version, if not, please upgrade it to the latest version.

Also please check if the version of your iOS device is the latest version, if not, please also upgrade it the latest verion (12.2), then try your app again, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider uninstall it from your iOS device, then re-install it again, check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Apologies for the late reply @Mr-Dang-MSFT:

Yes, I think you understood what I meant.
To (maybe) clarify:

1. We have only encountered this freeze on our iPhone devices.
  2. We have not encountered this freeze on our Android devices.
    (There is no working camera mode from the Add Picture control for browsers, goes straight to select file mode instead. We have had no issues with the select file mode on any device/browser)
  3. We have only encountered this freeze sporadically, not on every attempt.
  4. We have never encountered this freeze on the first use of the Camera from the Add Picture control.
  5. So, yes, this freeze occured on the second (or later) use of the Add Picture control, just not on every second use.

As to your question:

1. The last reported error was on iOS 12.1.4, PowerApps version 3.19042.13.
  2. How do I grab a session id if the Camera including the PowerApps App that started the Camera from the Add Picture control gets frozen?
  3. If I have to restart the PowerApps App, do I still have the same session id?
  4. If not, we can't possibly keep track of all future session ids before the error occurs.
  5. We have already received automatic updates to iOS 12.2, PowerApps 3.19042.24 over the last Easter weekend.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm seeing the same issue as @SaWu with the Add Picture control, but intermittently. Once I take the photo the screen then shows me the preview of the photo and "Retake" or "Use Photo" buttons. At this point the app is frozen and I have to kill powerapps to continue. Other times the app brings be back to my first screen after taking the photo. Other times it works as expected.

Details -

Phone - iPhone 7, iOS 12.4

Powerapps - 3.19083.21

@v-xida-msft @Mr-Dang-MSFT 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I’m also having the same issue with iPhones XR 

Any solution yet ?

thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,898)