cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alfonsopedrofg

Campaign URL builder - UTM Builder with Power Apps

Hi there 🙂 

I'm needing an UTM Builder - Google Campaigns URL Builder that meets my requirements, I was looking at the market but I think I could do by using Power Apps . I'm totally new to Power Apps 🙂.

Does anybody any example or idea just to start with? 

Below you have an example of the functionality. In summary I enter a lot of parameters to track with Google Analytics 360 for the App to create the URL and string. Just the beginning. I could validate the URL, tailor the set of parameters for campaign governance and harmonization, or even create a QR code hidding the URL.  Regards! Alfonso.

Alfonsopedrofg_0-1641842392145.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alfonsopedrofg :

First,To generate UTM, you only need to connect several parameters, you can refer to this method:

1\Add multiple textinput controls(TextInput2/3/4/5)

2\Add a label control and set it's Text proeprty to

TextInput2.Text&"/page?utm_content="&TextInput3.Text&"&utm_medium="&TextInput4.Text&"utm_source="&TextInput5.Text&"&utm_campaign="&TextInput6.Text

vbofengmsft_0-1642043814362.png

Second,If you want to generate QR code, you can try this API:
1\Add an image control and set it's Image property to:

"https://api.qrserver.com/v1/create-qr-code/?size=150x150&data="&TextInput2.Text&"/page?utm_content="&TextInput3.Text&"&utm_medium="&TextInput4.Text&"utm_source="&TextInput5.Text&"&utm_campaign="&TextInput6.Text

vbofengmsft_1-1642044028939.png

Third,If you want to do data validation, I recommend you to use the IsMatch function.

Finally,I recommend that you ask a relatively specific question(For example: "How to combine multiple strings into one string", "How to generate a QR code from a URL" These are specific questions) in the forum rather than a project requirement or set of questions, as doing so will help you get more help.If you have questions about a specific issue next, we may be able to continue the discussion on that issue. If you still have multiple questions, I suggest you create multiple threads for help.

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alfonsopedrofg :

First,To generate UTM, you only need to connect several parameters, you can refer to this method:

1\Add multiple textinput controls(TextInput2/3/4/5)

2\Add a label control and set it's Text proeprty to

TextInput2.Text&"/page?utm_content="&TextInput3.Text&"&utm_medium="&TextInput4.Text&"utm_source="&TextInput5.Text&"&utm_campaign="&TextInput6.Text

vbofengmsft_0-1642043814362.png

Second,If you want to generate QR code, you can try this API:
1\Add an image control and set it's Image property to:

"https://api.qrserver.com/v1/create-qr-code/?size=150x150&data="&TextInput2.Text&"/page?utm_content="&TextInput3.Text&"&utm_medium="&TextInput4.Text&"utm_source="&TextInput5.Text&"&utm_campaign="&TextInput6.Text

vbofengmsft_1-1642044028939.png

Third,If you want to do data validation, I recommend you to use the IsMatch function.

Finally,I recommend that you ask a relatively specific question(For example: "How to combine multiple strings into one string", "How to generate a QR code from a URL" These are specific questions) in the forum rather than a project requirement or set of questions, as doing so will help you get more help.If you have questions about a specific issue next, we may be able to continue the discussion on that issue. If you still have multiple questions, I suggest you create multiple threads for help.

Best Regards,

Bof

Alfonsopedrofg

Hi Bof , thanks a lot, I'll follow your indications. I'm new to Power Apps but also to this Community tool. 

Think that i don't know even how to create a first splash page or app layout with Power Apps, but your answers confirm that it is feasible to create a customized UTM Builder using Power Apps. Thanks a lot! 

Regards!

Alfonso.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,871)