cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Can Collections have Attachments

Hi

I have a SHArePoint list which has attachments.

If I do a ClearCollect(mycollection, sharepointlist); where do the Attachments go ?

I use collection externsively to get round the SharePoint DElegation issues.

Can I acces them from the collection ?

Thanks

Nigel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NigelP,

Do you want to pull the SP List attachments into a collection using the ClearCollect function?

I have made a test on my side, if you want to pull the SP List attachments into a collection using the ClearCollect function, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs within PowerApps currently.

Currently, we could only access the SP List item attachments within the Attachments control of a Edit form. More details about the Attachments control within PowerApps, please check the following article:

Attachments control

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Power Apps
Power Apps

Clearing the collection simply clears the internal memory list.  It's when you do the submit or patch that the data source is updated.  If the submit/patch delete the list item or record, the attachments should go as well.  The attachments are stored in the SharePoint database.  When you enable attachments for a SharePoint List (or CDS entity) a separate table is activated for your List.  The list of attachments keeps a field that points to the record you are storing in your list.   Try a small example and check the SharePoint list to see what happens.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NigelP,

Do you want to pull the SP List attachments into a collection using the ClearCollect function?

I have made a test on my side, if you want to pull the SP List attachments into a collection using the ClearCollect function, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs within PowerApps currently.

Currently, we could only access the SP List item attachments within the Attachments control of a Edit form. More details about the Attachments control within PowerApps, please check the following article:

Attachments control

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks @v-xida-msft

Hi @v-xida-msft ,

I am trying to display items in a gallery using ClearCollect, to workaround the SP's delegation issues.

In this Gallery, I have another Gallery made to display the first attachment of thisItem.

I've worte in 2nd_Gallery.Items "First(ThisItem.Attachment)" and in the image into that gallery, the Image property is set to ThisItem.AbsoluteUri.

This works pretty well when 1st_Gallery's items is directly pulled from the SP list (with a simple SortByColumns(Annonces,"Modified",Descending) ).
But when I changed my 1st_Gallery'items to colItemsFiltered, i lost my attachments because we can't store any attachment's details into a collection.

Do you know any workaround on this ?

Thank you .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you figured this out? I am having the same issues. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,177)