Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Can Collections have Attachments

Hi

I have a SHArePoint list which has attachments.

If I do a ClearCollect(mycollection, sharepointlist); where do the Attachments go ?

I use collection externsively to get round the SharePoint DElegation issues.

Can I acces them from the collection ?

Thanks

Nigel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Can Collections have Attachments

Hi @NigelP,

Do you want to pull the SP List attachments into a collection using the ClearCollect function?

I have made a test on my side, if you want to pull the SP List attachments into a collection using the ClearCollect function, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs within PowerApps currently.

Currently, we could only access the SP List item attachments within the Attachments control of a Edit form. More details about the Attachments control within PowerApps, please check the following article:

Attachments control

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Clearing the collection simply clears the internal memory list.  It's when you do the submit or patch that the data source is updated.  If the submit/patch delete the list item or record, the attachments should go as well.  The attachments are stored in the SharePoint database.  When you enable attachments for a SharePoint List (or CDS entity) a separate table is activated for your List.  The list of attachments keeps a field that points to the record you are storing in your list.   Try a small example and check the SharePoint list to see what happens.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NigelP,

Do you want to pull the SP List attachments into a collection using the ClearCollect function?

I have made a test on my side, if you want to pull the SP List attachments into a collection using the ClearCollect function, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs within PowerApps currently.

Currently, we could only access the SP List item attachments within the Attachments control of a Edit form. More details about the Attachments control within PowerApps, please check the following article:

Attachments control

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Thanks @v-xida-msft

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @v-xida-msft ,

I am trying to display items in a gallery using ClearCollect, to workaround the SP's delegation issues.

In this Gallery, I have another Gallery made to display the first attachment of thisItem.

I've worte in 2nd_Gallery.Items "First(ThisItem.Attachment)" and in the image into that gallery, the Image property is set to ThisItem.AbsoluteUri.

This works pretty well when 1st_Gallery's items is directly pulled from the SP list (with a simple SortByColumns(Annonces,"Modified",Descending) ).
But when I changed my 1st_Gallery'items to colItemsFiltered, i lost my attachments because we can't store any attachment's details into a collection.

Do you know any workaround on this ?

Thank you .

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you figured this out? I am having the same issues. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,244)