cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I Place an Attachments Form Within A Gallery?

I would like to add a control in a Gallery that allows the user to download the files of the item of their choosing, without having to transition to another screen. The Gallery is linked to an SP list.

I tried embedding an Attachments View Form within the Gallery, but it won't let me include it with the rest of the Gallery's controls.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Can I Place an Attachments Form Within A Gallery?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to embed an Edit form (or Display form) within a Gallery control in your app?

If you want to embed an Edit form (or Display form) within a Gallery control, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Embedding an Edit form or Display form into a Gallery is not supported within PowerApps currently. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I Place an Attachments Form Within A Gallery?

Hi @v-xida-msft ,

Basically, that is exactly what I want to do. In the image I'm including, there is a horizontal gallery where each item contains a video explaining a project (description, objectives, implications, etc). If the user wants to play any of the items' videos, they can do so directly on the Gallery.

For each project, a report is also produced and I would like to add in this Gallery the option to download the PDF file of the user's choosing.

I would be greatly thankful for any ideas without any type of forms.

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,653)