cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Can I add a Filter on a Data table column in a canvas app?

I have built a simple app that displays a data table from an sql stored procedure. I want to be able to filter on one or two of the columns. I have seen this suggested, and added it to the OnSelect Action for a Data Data Column, but it has no affect when I run the app:

SortByColumns(newCollection,"attendance",Descending)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Can I add a Filter on a Data table column in a canvas app?

@stapes 

Hi there!  The FILTER function should be used in the Items function of a Data Table (not the column).  Here's an example of a filter with multiple conditions.  You can use as few or many conditions as you like.

Filter(newCollection,yourColumnName1 = "sometext", yourColumnName2 > 1000)

If you need further help be sure to supply some specific requirements of your app 🙂

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@stapes 

You can filter a datasource using the FILTER function.  See here for the official MS Docuementation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-filter-lookup

If you need more guidance please share the specific requirements of your task.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Thanks mdevaney. Not sure where I apply that. The documentation does not say. Where do I add these filter functions? In my Flow? In my Canvas App?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@stapes 

Hi there!  The FILTER function should be used in the Items function of a Data Table (not the column).  Here's an example of a filter with multiple conditions.  You can use as few or many conditions as you like.

Filter(newCollection,yourColumnName1 = "sometext", yourColumnName2 > 1000)

If you need further help be sure to supply some specific requirements of your app 🙂

---

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,506)