cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Can I collect 500(2000) using Filter inside ClearCollect?

Hello,

I need some clarification about the delegation when using ClearCollect and Filter functions:

• My Data source is Dataverse.
  • Filter is a Delegable Function with Dataverse.
  • ClearCollect is not a Delegable Function
  • If I use ClearCollect(CollectionName, Filter(MyDataverseTable,Condition))  >> Filter will Return more than 2000 records.
  • Will my collection get all the filter returned data?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @AhmedSalih ,

A collection is inherently a "hidden" Delegation limitation in that it will accept and act on a Delegable filter (so you can filter any number of records) , however it will then only collect the first (500 - 2000) set of records from the output of the filter.

There are ways of making large collections - I have a blog on this (it is based on SharePoint, but the effect is exactly the same for Dataverse).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martijnA
Helper I
Helper I

No

At least not as far as i know. 

The item limit retrieved is 2K (if you changed the settings)

If a filter result has more than items it will only return the first 2000

A solution is to retrieve the items in different subcollections (batches), which you can then merge into a bigger one

@martijnA , my confusion was because I don't get the delegation warning when using Filter inside the ClearCollect!!

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @AhmedSalih ,

A collection is inherently a "hidden" Delegation limitation in that it will accept and act on a Delegable filter (so you can filter any number of records) , however it will then only collect the first (500 - 2000) set of records from the output of the filter.

There are ways of making large collections - I have a blog on this (it is based on SharePoint, but the effect is exactly the same for Dataverse).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,108)