cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Can I create a powerapp to submit data to sharepoint list without giving access to Sharepoint

Option 1: I created an app where I inserted an Edit Form and sourced it to SharePoint List, then created a tabbed form. However, when the non-SharePoint user tries to submit the form, the data is not captured in SharePoint list.

Option 2: I created an app where fields are spread across multiple screens and submit button is clicked on final screen, a power automate flow is triggered take the PowerApps field data to SharePoint list. However, the Power Automate is running into "Error" for people who haven't been given access to SharePoint list.

So my real question is, can I in any way give access to only PowerApps and they're able to submit either Forms (Option 1) or trigger Power Automate (Option 2) without having any idea about SharePoint or its access ?

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @PPPocket 

In order to save data to a SharePoint list, the user must have access to that list.

However, there are ways in which we can hide a list from users. There are some more details in the post here -

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/hide-sharepoint-list-from-users/m-p/435504

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (71,226)