cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Can I customize the format in Data Card Values?

Hi!

In the "Data Card Values" field there is a property called "Format". When it's configurated as "TextFormat.Number" the input of characters in the field is affected, enabling just numbers and "." or "," (depending of language settings). Can I customize the pattern, using something like "##-#"? Is it possible?

I'm searching but I didn't founding to much material about it.

Thanks again!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Can I customize the format in Data Card Values?

Hi @Rapha222,

Could you please share some details regarding the data source you used here? I will see if I could have the format property displayed.

Currently I can't find the format property under Data Card Values within PowerApps studio, also there is no Property reference listed in the document:

Controls and properties in PowerApps

The textformat.number should be a type of pre-defined text format, I don't think customization on this would work.

See: Text function in PowerApps

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

@v-micsh-msft thanks for answering my message!

I'm thinking that is not alowed customize the text format as well, but I'd like a confirmation. About my data source, I'm using a connection with SQL server through Gateway and my database field is float.

My "real" problem is that my database, for standard, is in "en_US" configuration, but some users are using devices in "es_ES". When I use the format value "textformat.number" my interface works properly if the client uses the language/locale "en_US" and when the client are using "es_ES" language, they can't write the values with dot (ex.: 453.34), just with commas... and saving the number with commas a generic database error happens. If I don't have any format defined, the user can write the numbers with "dot" and save the information, but they also can write alphanumeric characters... because it I'm trying to customize the format to something like "##.##"...

Thanks, 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rapha222,

Thanks for the update and apologize for the late response.

I will forward this and update here if there are any information helpful.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Can I customise the display?

So for example in AIAD demo - if i want prices to display as "£"#,##0.00

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@PDM Yes, you need to use the Text function. https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-text/ 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
Highlighted

I tried that to hangs the display format for a non-editable box in a form - chafing the default property to the text function....
It didn’t work
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

What is your code and what type of box did you put it in? I am certain we can figure this out. 

Hint: The control (box) you put it in needs to be a label. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,803)