cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Can I do this with forms?

Yes, I would recommend that you put this on a scrolling screen.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-scrolling-screen

I have attached an example of this.

Updates, based on what we already discussed.

• Each Form is placed in a DataCard of the scrolling screen canvas
  • Each Canvas DataCard
    • Visible = Form visibility Boolean
    • Height = The 'embedded' Form's Height + locBuffer
  • Each Form's properties
    • Visible = Form visibility Boolean
    • Height = Last Data Card in form's Y + Height + locBuffer

This works pretty smoothly in my testing. The main catch is ensuring the Form's height is dynamic, and prevents scrolling on the Form itself. Then the User would only experience scrolling on the app screen itself. NOTE: You can and should copy and paste your existing forms into the Canvas data cards.

You will want to figure out how to also add controls to SubmitForm, and whatnot, but I'll leave that up to you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@kriggo15  

Just wondering if you have noticed any performance issues with that many Forms inside one app? I'm curious because I'm thinking of doing something similar but most of my users have good/intermittent connectivity which could impact performance with an app built like this.

Helper V
Helper V

Hey @Eelman, no user performance issues. Time to first screen is 5-7 seconds and I'm careful to only load the necessary sources on the first screen. The only place I've noticed any degradation is during development. Auto-saving takes quite a bit of time and will occasionally mess up formulas as I'm typing, then again my app has 57 screens in it, 35 of which are forms. Yes, 57 is way excessive, but this thing grew organically and got unwieldy.  That's how I came to this solution.

Using the information in this thread, I'll be able to eliminate over 30 screens and expect development performance to be back where it once was.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@kriggo15 

Thank you for the feedback, that's great intel.

One of my not-to-distant-future projects will be around 15-20 forms. I'm currently looking at options but am seriously considering using apps to open other apps by using the Launch function.

I've been working on taking variables across with the launch of another app thereby telling the newly opened app which app the user came from. A system of apps instead of screens, if you like. I'm hoping it'll be easier to manage due to the modularity of the design, not sure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Announcing

Class of 2020- Season 2

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,139)