cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Can I filter a SharePoint list that is massive - say 100,000 records

Hey all. Simple question. Can’t find a definitive answer. I’ve read up on delegation and the 5000 record limitation SP views. 

Here’s some context

I’m building a simple list of employees with a record for each time they watch a video. List is something like: employee, video watched, and when they watched it. That’s about it. Eventually there would be a list item for each employee per video, and could grow to 50 - 100 videos. Employees are about 60 thousand. Lotsa items!

I want the person to land in my app and see a gallery of a collection of just their records. So filter is like:

Clearcollect(videoswatched,Filter(sharepointlistname,employee =whoever’s logged in))

After that I just work with the collection in the app. I have it all working, but with very few records.

So the question is - How big can my SharePoint list get before this all breaks? The option of having multiple lists is of course a possibility, and I know a good idea, but the fewer the better. 

I would love the power of the power apps community to help!

Thanks  in advance......

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

@Ianbudson 
The limitation for this code will be 2,000 videos watched because it is using the ClearCollect function.

Clearcollect(videoswatched,Filter(sharepointlistname,employee =whoever’s logged in))

If you just used the FILTER code and no collections you could see all results no matter the list size.

Filter(sharepointlistname,employee =whoever’s logged in)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Great to know. Thanks so much. 

Do you know if I could have one SharePoint list for all this, or would that be pushing it?

@mdevaney  

I have actually found this not to be true. Using filter also only returns 2,000 records.....I am filtering a SP list of over 5000 records, and I am not getting all the results back.....

Filter('SP LIST NAME',Email="my email address")

that doesn't get me all the records. so it seems powerapps can only work with 2,000 records? say it ain't so. What am I missing????

actually, never mind - I had to create an index for the Email column. I get all the records now

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (14,133)