cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ianbudson
Frequent Visitor

Can I filter a SharePoint list that is massive - say 100,000 records

Hey all. Simple question. Can’t find a definitive answer. I’ve read up on delegation and the 5000 record limitation SP views. 

Here’s some context

I’m building a simple list of employees with a record for each time they watch a video. List is something like: employee, video watched, and when they watched it. That’s about it. Eventually there would be a list item for each employee per video, and could grow to 50 - 100 videos. Employees are about 60 thousand. Lotsa items!

I want the person to land in my app and see a gallery of a collection of just their records. So filter is like:

Clearcollect(videoswatched,Filter(sharepointlistname,employee =whoever’s logged in))

After that I just work with the collection in the app. I have it all working, but with very few records.

So the question is - How big can my SharePoint list get before this all breaks? The option of having multiple lists is of course a possibility, and I know a good idea, but the fewer the better. 

I would love the power of the power apps community to help!

Thanks  in advance......

4 REPLIES 4
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@Ianbudson 
The limitation for this code will be 2,000 videos watched because it is using the ClearCollect function.

Clearcollect(videoswatched,Filter(sharepointlistname,employee =whoever’s logged in))

If you just used the FILTER code and no collections you could see all results no matter the list size.

Filter(sharepointlistname,employee =whoever’s logged in)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Great to know. Thanks so much. 

Do you know if I could have one SharePoint list for all this, or would that be pushing it?

@mdevaney  

I have actually found this not to be true. Using filter also only returns 2,000 records.....I am filtering a SP list of over 5000 records, and I am not getting all the results back.....

Filter('SP LIST NAME',Email="my email address")

that doesn't get me all the records. so it seems powerapps can only work with 2,000 records? say it ain't so. What am I missing????

actually, never mind - I had to create an index for the Email column. I get all the records now

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (14,513)