cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aec2018
Microsoft
Microsoft

Can I have a text box/label that shows an initial value but then changes based on other fields?

I need a disabled text box or label that displays a value from an API response. The user doesn't directly interact with this field. That value is a string based on the concatenated values in other fields. The initial value has be concatenated on the backend. However, those other fields are editable on this page so as those fields change, the value of the text box/label needs to reflect those changes and not the initial value from the API. It seems like I need a Default property that shows the value from the API, and then a Text property populated by the concatenated values from these other fields that kicks in as they change. 

With a text input box, I get the Default property but it doesn't allow for behavior logic. With a label, I get a Text property that also doesn't allow for behavior logic and no Default property. I'm trying with $"{someLogicHere}" version of concatenation but that would be a lot of logic to put into there. Is there an easier way to do this that I'm overlooking?

1 REPLY 1
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aec2018 ,

You could set other controls' OnChange property to call the API when the value are changed. And then you could save the return value to a variable "A". Finally , you could set the label control's text property to "A".

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,199)