cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sababneh
Level 8

Can I ignore the blue line error?

Hello all,

I use Sharepoint List as a data source. And I want to use these functions on it:

• in
  • Not
  • IsBlank()
  • <>

And it always gives me a blue line error which is delegation warning.

Can I ignore it? My data source won't exceed 2000 records. I will be cleaning it daily.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Can I ignore the blue line error?

Hi @Sababneh

If your data source won't exceed 2000 records, I would say that you can ignore this error. If you don't exceed this limit, the queries that use these operators won't return fewer records than you expect, therefore, PowerApps will return correct results.

However, these 'blue line' operations will not perform as quickly as operations that are fully delegable. The is because PowerApps must retrieve all records onto the local device in order to perform the query operation. This can be a problem because data transfer is often the slowest link in an app, particularly on mobile devices that are connected to mobile networks.    

I assume you know that you need to set the 'Data row limit for non-delegable queries' setting to 2000 in App settings > Advanced settings, but I mention this for the benefit of anyone else reading this.  

Hope that's of some help.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Can I ignore the blue line error?

Hi @Sababneh

If your data source won't exceed 2000 records, I would say that you can ignore this error. If you don't exceed this limit, the queries that use these operators won't return fewer records than you expect, therefore, PowerApps will return correct results.

However, these 'blue line' operations will not perform as quickly as operations that are fully delegable. The is because PowerApps must retrieve all records onto the local device in order to perform the query operation. This can be a problem because data transfer is often the slowest link in an app, particularly on mobile devices that are connected to mobile networks.    

I assume you know that you need to set the 'Data row limit for non-delegable queries' setting to 2000 in App settings > Advanced settings, but I mention this for the benefit of anyone else reading this.  

Hope that's of some help.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,522)