cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Can I navigate to a screen by selecting an item from a dropdown menu?

Hi, I'm trying to make a dropdown menu with options of screens(app's), that when the name is selected you'll navigate to that specific screen. For a while now I've been searching for a solution and found someting about creating a collection first. If so, how can I make one just for this task?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Can I navigate to a screen by selecting an item from a dropdown menu?

Hi

Yes you can,

Simply insert a dropdown with the values you want as items, then go to the OnChange property and add something like that :

If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value = "2"; Navigate(Screen2;ScreenTransition.Cover)) or with a switch case 🙂

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @BrunaVieiraPDT 

Can you try to use below expression:

Dropdown -> Items -> ["Screen1","Screen2","Screen3"]
OnChange -> Switch(Dropdown1.Selected.Value,"Screen1",Navigate(Screen1),"Screen2",Navigate(Screen2),"Screen3",Navigate(Screen3),Navigate(App.ActiveScreen))

This will Navigate to selected Screen. Make sure you update the screen names as per your application. Also, the names passed in Items should be same as those passed in Switch statement.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi

Yes you can,

Simply insert a dropdown with the values you want as items, then go to the OnChange property and add something like that :

If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value = "2"; Navigate(Screen2;ScreenTransition.Cover)) or with a switch case 🙂

Hope it helps

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @BrunaVieiraPDT 

Can you try to use below expression:

Dropdown -> Items -> ["Screen1","Screen2","Screen3"]
OnChange -> Switch(Dropdown1.Selected.Value,"Screen1",Navigate(Screen1),"Screen2",Navigate(Screen2),"Screen3",Navigate(Screen3),Navigate(App.ActiveScreen))

This will Navigate to selected Screen. Make sure you update the screen names as per your application. Also, the names passed in Items should be same as those passed in Switch statement.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you once again @yashag2255 !!!! Build an app without knowing much is really hard Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

As you mentioned "Navigate(App.ActiveScreen))"

Where do I get the "APP" from App.ActiveScreen?

because it showed an error.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @Katrinnila29_ 

Navigate(App.ActiveScreen) refers to the current screen that user is on. This is passed as the default value in the switch case. Can you share more details about the error message that you are getting, so that we might be able to help you better?

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I forgot what the error message was, but I try another way to navigate my screen.

still using dropdown,and I use "Navigate" instead of "Switch" and it works well.

Thank you for the information.

Have a great day! 😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,422)