cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Can I populate a global variable with a form name and submit the global variable?

I have an app with 3 different input forms that require different information depending on the program type. Right now, my app submits the form, then goes to a new screen to list people who need licenses. Those individuals get added to a separate list. I want to include them in the email that goes to the admin with the information from the form. I can wait until after the users are entered on the license screen to submit my form, but I have 3 different forms and don't know which form to submit. I don't want to submit all 3 and create blank records. When a user selects a program type, can I save the form name to a variable and then include the variable name in the submit action on my license screen? If not, is there a way to have the submit command only submit a form that has data entered into it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Can I populate a global variable with a form name and submit the global variable?

The simplest solution is usually the right one. I added a pause to my workflow to allow the user enough time to enter the users and experts before the email is sent. Ultimately, we are going to build a connector so we can automatically add the users and experts to our software (and eliminate the need for the email). We are building it out in phases and since this isn't the final phase, it didn't make sense to build an intricate solution that ultimately will be replaced.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Can I populate a global variable with a form name and submit the global variable?

Hi @ACPBSCi ,

Your requirement is not very clear. However, there are 2 things that I can suggest.

1. If you are using 3 different forms that submits to a single data source, then instead of using SubmitForm() using Patch() function.

2. If you are using different data sources and want to get data on the last submitted form, then use Form.LastSubmit() function.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you, @pawanjajoo. I'll give that a try and let you know how it works.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

The simplest solution is usually the right one. I added a pause to my workflow to allow the user enough time to enter the users and experts before the email is sent. Ultimately, we are going to build a connector so we can automatically add the users and experts to our software (and eliminate the need for the email). We are building it out in phases and since this isn't the final phase, it didn't make sense to build an intricate solution that ultimately will be replaced.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,258)