cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebraga
Helper II
Helper II

Can I submit a form and a collection to a SharePoint list simultaneously?

Hello All,

I have a page on my app that is two parts, one part is a form pulling from sharepoint list and the other is pulling from a SQL data connection. After users fill out the form and select their item (on check creates a collection), I want them to be able to submit the form data and the collection to a sharepoint list as one item. Right now the code I have on the submit button is only populating the data for the collection. Is there somewhere in my submit code that I can have the form data be updated on submit as well? Or does the checkbox need to trigger the form data to create a collection? Please let me know if I can explain further. 

SUBMIT BUTTON: ForAll(colResults, Patch('Transfer Sheet & Product Availability', Defaults('Transfer Sheet & Product Availability'), {QuantityType:QuantityType,Bin:bin,QtyAvailable:QtyAvailable,Item:itemnmbr,'Lot No':lotnumbr}))

ebraga_0-1605029427676.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

The Answer is YES.

Modify your patch statement like this:

ForAll(colResults, Patch('Transfer Sheet & Product Availability', Defaults('Transfer Sheet & Product Availability'), {QuantityType:QuantityType,Bin:bin,QtyAvailable:QtyAvailable,Item:itemnmbr,'Lot No':lotnumbr}, FormXXXX.Updates))

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

The Answer is YES.

Modify your patch statement like this:

ForAll(colResults, Patch('Transfer Sheet & Product Availability', Defaults('Transfer Sheet & Product Availability'), {QuantityType:QuantityType,Bin:bin,QtyAvailable:QtyAvailable,Item:itemnmbr,'Lot No':lotnumbr}, FormXXXX.Updates))

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

ebraga
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (40,734)