cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vspenelgoias
Level: Powered On

Can PowerApps give the App that I need? Inspection forms and data base.

Hello everyone.

First of all, if I'm creating this conversation the wrong place, sorry for that. I'm not used to online forums.

I've received the task to develop an App that would replace the paperwork and all the difficulties related to it. I'm an maintenance department managing more than 100 hundred sites pretty far from each other and from the maintenance headcenter. To each site, we have a form with its equipments and a "OK" or "Not OK" to the maintainer to mark. Actually, all the work is being done with printed forms and later uploaded mannualy to a ERP. At the same time, we have many tablets available.

I've already started reading tutorials on PowerApps, but I'd like the community feedback if its possible to build an App so that the maintainer could open on its tablet, register all equipments status on a data base. So this information would be online (could be as simples as a Excel sheet on OneDrive) to anyone to access.

Oh, some of the sites are in areas with no signal. That would require the App to store all the info until internet connection is on.

Kind regards to all the community,

Greetings from Brazil.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Bernd_K
Level: Powered On

Re: Can PowerApps give the App that I need? Inspection forms and data base.

Actually there might be a solution: the universal audit app. Made by Paul Culmsee.i don’t know how to add a link here, so you have to search this forum with the info above. Worth your effort, because paul’s App is great!
mogulman
Level 8

I recommend this book.  Chapter 16 discusses using Powerapps offline.

Super User
Super User

Thanks for recommending my book @mogulman 🙂

mogulman
Level 8

@timlActually, thank you taking the time and writing it.  I discovered it several months into creating a canvas app.  It would have saved me countless hours and frustration in figuring out PowerApps.  I'm waiting for 'Intermediate PowerApps' (hint..hint).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,772)