cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vspenelgoias
Regular Visitor

Can PowerApps give the App that I need? Inspection forms and data base.

Hello everyone.

First of all, if I'm creating this conversation the wrong place, sorry for that. I'm not used to online forums.

I've received the task to develop an App that would replace the paperwork and all the difficulties related to it. I'm an maintenance department managing more than 100 hundred sites pretty far from each other and from the maintenance headcenter. To each site, we have a form with its equipments and a "OK" or "Not OK" to the maintainer to mark. Actually, all the work is being done with printed forms and later uploaded mannualy to a ERP. At the same time, we have many tablets available.

I've already started reading tutorials on PowerApps, but I'd like the community feedback if its possible to build an App so that the maintainer could open on its tablet, register all equipments status on a data base. So this information would be online (could be as simples as a Excel sheet on OneDrive) to anyone to access.

Oh, some of the sites are in areas with no signal. That would require the App to store all the info until internet connection is on.

Kind regards to all the community,

Greetings from Brazil.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually there might be a solution: the universal audit app. Made by Paul Culmsee.i don’t know how to add a link here, so you have to search this forum with the info above. Worth your effort, because paul’s App is great!

I recommend this book.  Chapter 16 discusses using Powerapps offline.

Thanks for recommending my book @mogulman 🙂

mogulman
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

@timlActually, thank you taking the time and writing it.  I discovered it several months into creating a canvas app.  It would have saved me countless hours and frustration in figuring out PowerApps.  I'm waiting for 'Intermediate PowerApps' (hint..hint).

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,534)