cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a powerapp has multiple instances running at the same time ?

For example,

I have one PowerApp license. But I want multiple users to be able to open that PowerApp in the browser and use it.  Is this allowed if I only hold one PowerApp license ?

Is there a fair-usage on how many instances of the PowerApp can run at the same time when only one PowerApp license is bought ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

For the same user yes, you can use an app on multiple tabs / mobile app etc. at same time. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Powerapps is user based license. So anyone that creates or consumes a powerapp will require a license. At least until Guest support for powerapps happens. Then unlicensed users can use the powerapp, however, if that users is part of your company and supposed to be licensed, they should be :). 

I want to know if  a single license for PowerApps can have multiple instances simultaneously running.  

Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

For the same user yes, you can use an app on multiple tabs / mobile app etc. at same time. 

View solution in original post

Hi @st5564,

Do you want other users to use your own PowerApps license at the same time?

I agree with @cwebb365's thought almost, each user wants to use PowerApps, you must own Office 365 for PowerApps license, or PowerApps licenses (Plan1 & Plan2) or Dynamics 365 license.

If you want the other users (not your own account) to use your own PowerApps license at the same time, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps.

If the other users that you mentioned use your own login account, the answer to your question is YES. An Office 365 account could use an app simultaneously within multiple PCs, Mobiles, etc.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,838)