cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aec2018
Microsoft
Microsoft

Can a user click on a data table row to be taken to another screen that has all of that row's data?

I understand that table rows are not editable and a gallery table would work better for including edit buttons and whatnot. What I'm wondering, though, is if I have a data table instead, can I set it so that if a user clicks on a particular row, they get taken to a screen where that row's data will be and they can edit it there? I don't see an OnSelect property for data tables or anything to do with individual rows. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@aec2018 

You can't do it on the entire table, but you can do it on the columns in the table.

It's easier to deal with if you don't have to navigate to another screen based on user clicking on something.

If you had the edit form in the same screen, then your edit form could just reference the dataTable.Selected item.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

So an edit form can be attached to a row and when that row is clicked, a form will come up with all of that row's data auto-populated in the form fields?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@aec2018 

Yes, your EditForm Item property can be : yourDataTable.Selected

The only challenge you have with the EditForm on another screen is navigating to it.  It's something the needs a behavioral action to do.  So, the painful - set the OnSelect action of all columns to : Navigate(yourEditFormScreen)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,893)