cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can i use gallery items as input for another gallery

I am getting a users login ID from SharePoint list data source into gallery1. I have another gallery (gallery2) which I am trying to bind with Office365SearchUsers for all items in gallery1. I can get it to work with .Selecteditem from gallery1 but i want to display users details for all users in gallery 1. Is it possible

2017-04-12 22_44_34-PowerApps - Internet Explorer.png2017-04-12 22_57_57-PowerApps - Internet Explorer.png2017-04-12 22_45_07-PowerApps - Internet Explorer.png

1 REPLY 1
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Where do you plan to put Gallery 2 control?

Within the same screen of Gallery 1 (should be the browsing screen of the SharePoint list), or under a new screen?

We could add Gallery as an item under Gallery 1 data card:

Generate the app from the SharePoint list automatically, select the DataCard in Browsegallery, then insert a vertical Gallery, set its items property with the formula below:

Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:ThisItem.test})

Screenshots for example:

58.PNG

This would add a gallery with each item of the Browsegallery (should be gallery 1 in your scenario), with the corresponding user associated.

If you would like to display the details in a new screen, then just use the Gallery.selected.test.

Please post back if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,410)