cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTB_10
Helper I
Helper I

Can multiple users edit a Power App created within Teams?

I have created a Canvas App using the Power Apps builder within Teams and I would like to allow other members within this same Team to be able to edit the app.

The option to "edit" the app is greyed out for everyone expect the owner of the app.

RTB_10_0-1621108567084.png

This seems like a feature that should exist, however I haven't been able to get it to work because the option to "share with colleagues" is different within the Teams portal versus the original Power Apps portal (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app) and does not provide an option to add a "co-owner".

Is this a current limitation of using the Power Apps Teams Integration or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RTB_10,

Do you want to allow other users to edit the shared app?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

Actually, it could be achieved by assigning the correct permissions and access role.

1). Make sure that the users have the Full Access permission sets. By default, Team members are given Full access and guests are given Private access to new custom tables. Check if the users are Team members or just guests.

To set the permissions of a table:

1. Select Build tab.

2. Select the team that contains the app and tables you want to share.

3. Select See all under the list of resources in the team.

4. Select Tables from the left pane.

5. Select the table you want to share.

v-qiaqi-msft_1-1621220588273.png

6. Select the Manage permissions in the command bar.

7. Under the Colleagues with access role, and select the permission set that you want to grant this role.

v-qiaqi-msft_2-1621220637797.png
  8. Select Save.

9. Repeat the above steps for the remaining tables in your app.

2). After you’ve completed setting the permissions to all your tables, you’re now ready to share the app with an existing security group.

1. Select Build tab.

2. Select the team that contains the app you want to share.

3. Select the Share with colleagues and select the security group you want to share the apps and tables with.
  4. Set Colleague can use toggle to On for the apps and tablesv-qiaqi-msft_3-1621220930873.png

Check if it could help.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

RTB_10
Helper I
Helper I

Just wanted to leave a quick update as I found out what was going wrong. My status in the team was "Member", but in order to edit Apps you must be an "Owner". Non-owners can edit and create tables but you have to be an Owner to actually go in and edit an app.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RTB_10,

Do you want to allow other users to edit the shared app?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

Actually, it could be achieved by assigning the correct permissions and access role.

1). Make sure that the users have the Full Access permission sets. By default, Team members are given Full access and guests are given Private access to new custom tables. Check if the users are Team members or just guests.

To set the permissions of a table:

1. Select Build tab.

2. Select the team that contains the app and tables you want to share.

3. Select See all under the list of resources in the team.

4. Select Tables from the left pane.

5. Select the table you want to share.

v-qiaqi-msft_1-1621220588273.png

6. Select the Manage permissions in the command bar.

7. Under the Colleagues with access role, and select the permission set that you want to grant this role.

v-qiaqi-msft_2-1621220637797.png
  8. Select Save.

9. Repeat the above steps for the remaining tables in your app.

2). After you’ve completed setting the permissions to all your tables, you’re now ready to share the app with an existing security group.

1. Select Build tab.

2. Select the team that contains the app you want to share.

3. Select the Share with colleagues and select the security group you want to share the apps and tables with.
  4. Set Colleague can use toggle to On for the apps and tablesv-qiaqi-msft_3-1621220930873.png

Check if it could help.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi
RTB_10
Helper I
Helper I

Just wanted to leave a quick update as I found out what was going wrong. My status in the team was "Member", but in order to edit Apps you must be an "Owner". Non-owners can edit and create tables but you have to be an Owner to actually go in and edit an app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,816)