cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Can not create connection to Sql Server by Premises-gateway

Hello everyone!

I have been using Premises Gateway to connect  Sql Server before (everything was working well)

But from 2 or 3 week ago, my canvas app could not connect to Sql Server.

When I checked this connection from detail, I realized that no gateway shown on select box.

I searched for some solution and do that

- Uninstall old gateway

- Download latest gateway version to re-install.

But I met several problem.

- After gateway was installed, I went to Data>Gateways then no one display here (default environment).

When I create connection to Sql Server from canvas app. I have seen the gateway. But when I clicked create button.

I got a new error message : We were`re able to add this connection. Please try again

I also uploaded images bellow.

Please help me fix that 😄

I hope get your help. Thanks

p/s: I think my English not good so I hope you can understand that I said

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Can not create connection to Sql Server by Premises-gateway

Hi @chithanh1012 ,

Which type of On-premise data Gateway do you install? On-premises Data Gateway or On-premises Data Gateway (presonal mode)?

Do you mean that the installed On-premises Data gateway could not be seen within your PowerApps (Data>Gateways)?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please check if the On-premises Gateway is installed in your Default Environment or other Environment.

Currently, the On-premises Data Gateway could be installed in Non-Default Environment, please check the following article:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/supporting-on-premises-data-gateways-in-non-default-environmen...

In addition, please also make sure the region where you installed the gateway matches the region of your Power Automate/Power Apps environment.

If the issue still exists, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Can not create connection to Sql Server by Premises-gateway

@v-xida-msft 
Thanks for your response.

> Which type of On-premise data Gateway do you install? On-premises Data Gateway or On-premises Data Gateway (presonal mode)?

I installed On-premises Data Gateway

>Do you mean that the installed On-premises Data gateway could not be seen within your PowerApps (Data>Gateways)?

Yes

q0.PNG

>In addition, please also make sure the region where you installed the gateway matches the region of your Power Automate/Power Apps environment.
I also checked it and it' match

My problem was that I had installed the gateway and used it before, but suddenly it didn't work anymore.

when I checked, the gateway not shown in PowerApps > Date> Gateways but it shown in 2 place.(please see images)

・Admin center / Data gateway

q3.PNG

・Canvas app / Views / ...Sql Server/ New connection

But when I created connection, I got a error message 

q2.PNG

I hope to get your help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,939)