cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Can not load displayName from Office 365(DisplayName)

Dear all,

I am just start to learn create app in Powerapp. But I face the problem that very strange.

I just directly select and drop only. It also can not appear the data.

It likes we type in a dropdown box and then it will appear the data that got the similar word which we type. Then we can not select the correct data. It will like photos below :

1.1.jpg2.  2.jpg

First time it is ok,but the second time to try on another screen it can not work. It was stuck at 1.  Then it can not appear any data like 2.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Can not load displayName from Office 365(DisplayName)

Hi @ivanlawcy ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please share more details about the formula you typed within the Items property of the Name ComboBox?

Further, is the Name ComboBox connected to a Person type field in your SP List data source?

I assume that the Name ComboBox is connected to a Person type field in your SP List data source, is it true? Actually, it is an known issue with Person field (from SP List) ComboBox in Edit form, when you click the People ComboBox, it would not list all available options, instead, you need to type some search text within the Person Picker ComboBox to find the related person.

If you want to list all available person options within the Name ComboBox when you click it, I think the Office365Users connector could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

1.JPG

1. Add Office 365 Users connection as data source within your app firstly.

2. Unlock the Name field data card within your Edit form. Set the Items property of the People Picker ComboBox to following:

Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm: DataCardValue13.SearchText})

set the IsSearchable property of the People Picker ComboBox to following:

true

then configure the ComboBox as Person layout as above screenshot. After that, when you click the ComboBox Dropdown, the available person options would be listed there.

Set the Update property of the Name field data card in your Edit form to following:

{
  Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(NameFieldComboBox.Selected.Mail),
  DisplayName: NameFieldComboBox.Selected.DisplayName,
  Email: NameFieldComboBox.Selected.Mail,
  Department: "", 
  JobTitle: "", 
  Picture: ""
}

Note: I assume that the Name field (Person column) does not enable "Allow multiple selections" option.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ivanlawcy ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please share more details about the formula you typed within the Items property of the Name ComboBox?

Further, is the Name ComboBox connected to a Person type field in your SP List data source?

I assume that the Name ComboBox is connected to a Person type field in your SP List data source, is it true? Actually, it is an known issue with Person field (from SP List) ComboBox in Edit form, when you click the People ComboBox, it would not list all available options, instead, you need to type some search text within the Person Picker ComboBox to find the related person.

If you want to list all available person options within the Name ComboBox when you click it, I think the Office365Users connector could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

1.JPG

1. Add Office 365 Users connection as data source within your app firstly.

2. Unlock the Name field data card within your Edit form. Set the Items property of the People Picker ComboBox to following:

Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm: DataCardValue13.SearchText})

set the IsSearchable property of the People Picker ComboBox to following:

true

then configure the ComboBox as Person layout as above screenshot. After that, when you click the ComboBox Dropdown, the available person options would be listed there.

Set the Update property of the Name field data card in your Edit form to following:

{
  Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(NameFieldComboBox.Selected.Mail),
  DisplayName: NameFieldComboBox.Selected.DisplayName,
  Email: NameFieldComboBox.Selected.Mail,
  Department: "", 
  JobTitle: "", 
  Picture: ""
}

Note: I assume that the Name field (Person column) does not enable "Allow multiple selections" option.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks!!!

It works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,756)