cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aro1
Frequent Visitor

Can't Modify Bulk Edit Form in SharePoint

Hi,

I have customized a SharePoint list including the integrated form via PowerApps but have noticed that by selecting multiple records at once in SP the bulk update form will pop up which will allow the users to update multiple records at once...

- The bulk form is just a standard form with all fields and no limitations that I have set up for the standard form....

- How do I modify this bulk form as it is allowing the users to modify the records WITHOUT ANY control...

I have tried on App load formula to collect SharePoint integration selected items and navigate to a specific screen if more items are selected to edit, but it didn't work... What I would like to do is to have the control of the bulk edit form in the same way as I have it for 1 item else it doesn't make any sense that I have even modified the standard form in the first place...

Please kindly support...

1 REPLY 1
FabianAckeret
Super User
Super User

Hi @aro1 

Unfortunately, you can't adjust the bulk-edit form in SharePoint with PowerApps. At least not to my knowledge. PowerApps can only replace the edit-form of a single item. However, within that form, you could make updates to multiple records at once.

If you would like to add functionality to your bulk-edit form (and not use the default one SharePoint provides), you'd need to develop an SPFX extension. 

You can find more information about SPFx extensions here =>

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/spfx/extensions/get-started/build-a-hello-world-exte...

Kind regards,

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,364)