cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dburnum
Level: Power Up

Can't Open App After Removing Connection

I have an app that was working fine but then was having a random issue with my SQL connection (for no reason).  I decided to delete the connection and re-create it just as it was before.  I'm now having problems opening or running the app.  I've deleted the connection again and tried running the app, but it keeps asking for me to share the connection (with myself).  Again, I've re-created the connection but nothings seems to work.  Has anyone ran into this issue?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
GarethPrisk
Level: Powered On

Re: Can't Open App After Removing Connection

Sorry this happening to you! It's very frustrating when the apps break like this.

Maybe you need to restore to an older version and try the fix again?

You may want to consider adding a 2nd connection and moving your references from the old one to the new one. Then you may be able to remove the old reference without an issue. Not ideal, but worth exploring.

dburnum
Level: Power Up

Thanks for your reply:

I tried what you said and it seems restoring to any of my previous versions gives the same result.  I tried creating another connection and removing the other and that didn't work either.

Super User
Super User

Hi @dburnum 

There was a change to the SQL connector not so long ago to support AAD authentication (eg, for the connector to work in a non-shared way) and for improved timezone support. It might be worth enabling/disabling the enhanced connector to see if it makes any difference.

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,399)