cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lundcry
Level: Powered On

Can't Open Sharepoint List Item Details

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I've created a gallery in PowerApps that is connected to a SharePoint list.  When I click on the "view item details" arrow/button, nothing happens.  It is still set to OnSelect = Select(Parent), and I have tried a number of other formulas, but nothing opens the item details.

The SharePoint list is a CRM list with a lot of details about a contact.  The only items visible in the gallery are the company and the name, so a user MUST be able to open for more details.  

We have an E3 license, I am a global administrator, Windows 10 device, and I created the SharePoint site where the list lives, the list itself, and the PowerApp.  We do not currently have any additional PowerApp packages outside of our O365 license.

Any ideas/recommendations for getting the "view item details" to actually open the details?  Do I need to create a Flow to do this?  Or is it not possible to do with the PowerApp abilities that we currently have?

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Can't Open Sharepoint List Item Details

Without seeing any details of how you have this set up, it sounds like you either don't have or aren't navigating to a detail screen.  A gallery doesn't automatically provide you the ability to see the detail.  It just provides you a way to see a list of items.  If you don't already have a detail screen you'll first need to create one.  Then in the On Select you'll need to execute Navigate(nameofthedetailscreen) in order to show it.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, please share some screen captures with more detail.

lundcry

@LRVinNC , thank you for that information.  I created another screen to navigate to.  However, when I click on the item details, it shows a blank screen without the item details.  I'm unsure of what to put in the "CRMDetails" screen to make the selected results populate.  Can you clarify what needs to be in my "CRMDetails" page to populate the full details of whichever list item is selected?

Here's what I have so far:

Navigate(CRMDetails).PNG

CRMDesign.PNG

Nix23

What do you have on the details page ?  I have a display Form which uses the same Data Source 

and the item  is set to Gallery1.selected   (Gallery1  is the name of SharePoint items showing up in the list before clicking the arrow )

Super User
Super User

You need to make sure you have the Items property set to display the correct record.  As @Nix23 said, this is often as simple as the <galleryname>.Selected, in your case CRMGallery.Selected.  Or you may need to use a filter or lookup to return the data you want to see.  Here's a couple examples.

b5.jpg

lundcry

Thank you @LRVinNC  and @Nix23 !  This worked perfectly.  I used a form to display the details of the selected list item and set the item to display correctly.

I really appreciate your assistance.  It would have taken me hours to figure this out!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,713)