cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Can't Save the new item with cascading dropdowns. Values are not displayed

Hello! I had a problems with saving data in Sharepoint list in the columns with cancading dropdowns. 

I created a Customized Form and changed formula in 2 dropdowns in Items.

Dropdown_Plants:

Distinct(List_Line_Plant,Plants)

Dropdown_Lines:

Distinct(Filter(List_Line_Plant,Plants = Dropdown_Plants.Selected.Result),Title)

And changed settings in Displayfields and Searchfields  to ["Result"]

Settings with ["Value"] didn't work. Thats why I chose ["Result"]

Other dropdowns have Default settings. 

When I tried to add new item in the list , the form works correctly, but when I click "Save" it saves my item but with empty results in Order_Plants and Order_Lines. 

It seems that Dropdowns don't connected with Columns in the list. (order_Line, order_plant).  

Please help me to solve this problem.

screen1.PNGScreeen2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Milson92 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the "Plant_Order" field and "Line Order" field within your SP List? Are they Text type columns or Choice type columns?

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

1. If the "Plant_Order" field and "Line Order" field are both Text type column in your SP List:

Set the Update property of the "Plant_Order" field data card in your Edit form to following:

Dropdown_Plants.Selected.Result

Set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the "Plant_Order" ComboBox to following:

{
  Result: ThisItem.Plant_Order
}

Note: If the 'Plant_Order' Dropdown box is actually a Dropdown control, please set the Default property to following:

ThisItem.Plant_Order

Set the Update property of the "Line_Order" field data card in your Edit form to following:

Dropdown_Lines.Selected.Result

Set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the "Line_Order" ComboBox to following:

{
  Result: ThisItem.Line_Order
}

Note: If the 'Line_Order' Dropdown box is actually a Dropdown control, please set the Default property to following:

ThisItem.Line_Order

2. If the "Plant_Order" field and "Line Order" field are both Choice type column in your SP List:

Set the Update property of the "Plant_Order" field data card in your Edit form to following:

{
  Value: Dropdown_Plants.Selected.Result
}

Set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the "Plant_Order" ComboBox to following:

{
  Result: ThisItem.Plant_Order.Value
}

Note: If the 'Plant_Order' Dropdown box is actually a Dropdown control, please set the Default property to following:

ThisItem.Plant_Order.Value

Set the Update property of the "Line_Order" field data card in your Edit form to following:

{
  Value: Dropdown_Lines.Selected.Result
}

Set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the "Line_Order" ComboBox to following:

{
  Result: ThisItem.Line_Order.Value
}

Note: If the 'Line_Order' Dropdown box is actually a Dropdown control, please set the Default property to following:

ThisItem.Line_Order.Value

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Note: Please still use SubmitForm function in the OnSave property of SharePointIntegration control to submit your form data rather than use Patch function.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi,
I have faced this issue with Sharepoint multiple times. One way I have resolved this is to use Patch for these kind of dropdowns. That being said, instead of using Patch for all the fields, you can do Form.Updates within your Patch.

Try something like this:
Patch(List1, Defaults(List1), {Column1: Dropdown1.Selected}, Form.Updates)

You might have to try Dropdown1.Selected.Value or something similar.

Give this a try and let me know if it works.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
https://thepoweraddict.com
Highlighted

Try something like this:
Patch(List1, Defaults(List1), {Column1: Dropdown1.Selected}, Form.Updates)

You might have to try Dropdown1.Selected.Value or something similar.

Where should I change formula? In custom dropdown in Items? Or in the Save Button?

I can't  Select "Value", only "Result"

Highlighted

In the Save button where you currently have SubmitForm.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
Highlighted

Please can you give me an Example:

List name is "List1"

I have 4 columns 

1 - Date

2 - Plant (customized) 

3 - Line (Customized) 

4 - Product

What should I type in Save button? 

Highlighted

Try this, let me know if this works.

Patch(List1, Defaults(List1), {Plant: Dropdown1.Selected, Line: Dropdown2.Selected}, Form.Updates)

---

Hardit Bhatia
Highlighted

Pic1.PNG

Something wrong here... 

Highlighted

What is the name of your form?

---

Hardit Bhatia
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I got a similar problem in the past

Sharepoint changes the column name when you use "_" to 00% or something (I not really sure)

In my case I just changed the name of the columns "Name_PM" to "NamePM" and after that it worked

Hope this helps you

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Milson92 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the "Plant_Order" field and "Line Order" field within your SP List? Are they Text type columns or Choice type columns?

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

1. If the "Plant_Order" field and "Line Order" field are both Text type column in your SP List:

Dropdown_Plants.Selected.Result

{
  Result: ThisItem.Plant_Order
}

ThisItem.Plant_Order

Dropdown_Lines.Selected.Result

{
  Result: ThisItem.Line_Order
}

ThisItem.Line_Order

2. If the "Plant_Order" field and "Line Order" field are both Choice type column in your SP List:

{
  Value: Dropdown_Plants.Selected.Result
}

{
  Result: ThisItem.Plant_Order.Value
}

ThisItem.Plant_Order.Value

{
  Value: Dropdown_Lines.Selected.Result
}

{
  Result: ThisItem.Line_Order.Value
}

ThisItem.Line_Order.Value

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Note: Please still use SubmitForm function in the OnSave property of SharePointIntegration control to submit your form data rather than use Patch function.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,098)