cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelloThereAll
Helper I
Helper I

Can't change form order

There seems to be a built-in ordering for how the fields are ordered, and I cannot change it.  If I try to move it to another position, it either does nothing or moves it to the right place.  Eventually, it resets to the original ordering.  The only way I can add a field where I want is to literally delete all the fields after it, add the new field, and then readd and reprogram the previous fields.  How do I get PowerApps to stop being like that?

4 REPLIES 4
KrishnaV
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @HelloThereAll ,

What are the controls you are using (gallery/form) and where are trying to do it? how are you trying to do it on your side?

If could tell me or share some screenshots I can help you better.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HelloThereAll ,

Do you mean you want to reorder the Data Card in Form?

Here are two ways.

1. Drag the field to wherever you want

2. Drag the data card directly.

GIF_88.gifGIF_89.gif

Hope this helps.

Sik

I tried the drag-and-drop and other methods, but as I said in my original post, PowerApps either ignores my changes, does something else, and eventually resets my changes anyways.  That's my issue.

Hi @HelloThereAll ,

OK, I got you. Does the new-created Form also have the same issue?

I have tried but I can't reproduce your issue. From my view, this issue typically could be caused by two aspects.

1. try to turn off all preview and experimental features in advanced settings

2. upgrade the browsers to latest version and clear all caches, or change to use other browsers, e.g. Edge, IE

Hope this helps.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (94,413)