Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Can't connect my formviewer to a static excel file

Hi,

I tried everything before i post. I hope you will have some clues.

I have an excel file on my post. I can connect my gallery to this datasource and it's works very well.

I add a new blank screen and i add a new forviewer. I connect my excel file and i choose the table i want.

First, i have nothing to select

nothinh.png

Then i move the excel file to a onedrive and i add onedrive as datasource and curiously i could select my column.

It's very strange. 

I can't use Sharepoint or onedrive as a datasource because my excel file has more 8 000 rows.

It's been almost 2 hours that I try to find a solution

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @ALP1 

Unfortunately, it appears that the form viewer control doesn't recognise the fields from a static Excel data source.

The only thing I can suggest is to add custom cards and to add text labels to display your data. You can manually set the text property of a label using the ThisItem.Fieldname syntax. I realise this isn't an ideal solution.

timl_0-1602284498282.png

Alternatively, you could take a form viewer control that you've configured for OneDrive Excel data source, and you can try changing the data source to your static Excel data.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @ALP1 

Unfortunately, it appears that the form viewer control doesn't recognise the fields from a static Excel data source.

The only thing I can suggest is to add custom cards and to add text labels to display your data. You can manually set the text property of a label using the ThisItem.Fieldname syntax. I realise this isn't an ideal solution.

timl_0-1602284498282.png

Alternatively, you could take a form viewer control that you've configured for OneDrive Excel data source, and you can try changing the data source to your static Excel data.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Yeaah you saved my day.

I didn't knew the custom cards. It's so cool.

It will take a little longer but it doesn't matter.

Thank you

emploi.png

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

You're welcome @ALP1 It's ashame it'll take longer but I'm glad there's a way for you to work around this problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,957)