cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinHardy
Resolver I
Resolver I

Can't connect to Data Sources error

After the apps working since we began building them 6 weeks ago, today nothing is working as they have lost all their Data Sources.

Looking at the forums this is a recurring issue (with servers?) which was supposed to have been fixed.

Two questions:

1) Is there a work around or do we just have to wait until the problem is sorted elsewhere?

2) We are now concerned that we are building a network of apps to replace handwritten forms and notes that is unreliable, forcing us to maintain our records on paper as well - which is merely adding to the workload, not streamlining it.

Kev

2 REPLIES 2
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KevinHardy ,

Could you tell me

1)what is your data source?

2)what is your license?

You could check your license here:

1121.PNG

What's more, please try other browsers.

You could also clean your browser's cache and update it to the latest version.

Please make sure that you are in good condition of network.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yutliu-msft , thanks for your reply.

The data sources were all Sharepoint lists.

Looking online it appears this is a regular issue, often coinciding with server or software updates at Microsoft? I still have some concerns about the reliability of the servers - and the license my organisation has should not be a factor surely?

I do most of my work on a Mac and tried it on Safari and Chrome, and also on a Windows laptop using chrome and internet explorer, and on my personal phone and work phone. The apps failed on every occasion, using both my home broadband and phone data services, so I don't think that was the source of the problem.

The issue cleared itself after an hour or so - but not before I'd made changes to my app in an attempt to rectify it myself only to then have to rebuild it once the data sources reconnected.

Kev

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (48,640)