cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Can't connect to SharePoint Task List

When I create a connection to my SharePoint site the Task lists are not appearing in the list of lists I may connect to. Is this by design?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Can't connect to SharePoint Task List

We currently support ony SharePoint custom lists. Support for other list types are on our roadmap.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

We currently support ony SharePoint custom lists. Support for other list types are on our roadmap.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

@archanan any news on this? Can it be expected in the near future.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm... stunned by this acknowledgement. 
If I were to ask any reasonable person what one single list they would THINK a PowerApps app would NEED to connect to FIRST...  

... it would be a TASK LIST - one synchronized to a Microsoft Project Workplan (stored in the /SiteAssets library). 

This represents probably the most stellar usage scenario where the true value of SharePoint, Project and PowerApps can come into play and offer TRUE PRODUCTIVITY... but it's NOT available. 

RECOMMENDATION TO MICROSOFT: 
MAKE this a #1 priority until Tasks lists CAN be data-bound to PowerApps applications. 

-Mark Vogt

Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Thank you for your feedback Mark, and the above clarifications on the business objectives associated with your ask. Your input is important to us. Would you please (if you haven't already) add this to the PowerApp Ideas forum as well? This helps to address your ask on prioritization as well.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Again, please continue to provide feedback as we continue to expand features on the product.

Audrie

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Your feedback is well received! Just an idea: as a workaround I have used a SharePoint custom list and PowerApp for intake, followed by a Flow for follow-up tasks. Search your flow templates for "tasks", there a variety of options there.

This is just a workaround idea until we release tasks lists, and I don't think it will take a lot to migrate the content to a task list later if you want the advantage of Project integrations and/or timelines. (I will put together a ps script to help with that when the time comes.)

thank you for your feedback and patience,

Audrie

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hi @audrieg,

Is there any update on full support for task lists?

I am able to connect to Task lists in PowerApps.

Is there a way to recreate the ParentChild relationships see below:

Project Parent Child Relationship.jpg

Currently what i get is a flat view.

Is there a work around for this?

Gilbert

Highlighted

The whole experience is ridiculous, like the development team is run by children with no real world business experience. Yes, tasks are more important than a popup quiz. We need to manage activities and documents, and not in the overly simplified manner you are providing. If you're obsessed with making sharepoint the internal facebook or newsletter, fine. But some companies actually use it for business processes as well...

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Well actually you can connect now to the Task app created in sharepoint.

I've added the taskList in sharepoint and then connected to it through the feature "Enter custom list here".

This might help as well : Document list and calendar library in Sharepoint

Give it a try !!

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,551)