cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haaraja

Can't delete entity relationship to other entity

I can't delete cds entities and relationships.  One reason is dependencies, but error massage not showing where those dependencies are 😐

So I assume at one reason might be dependencies between tables (entities). There is one-to-many relationship between Customer and Order. Getting error when try to remove relation from both entities (see pictures).

How to remove relationship between entities ?

3 REPLIES 3
eka24
Super User
Super User
packnology
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I created a custom table, now I can't delete it and I can't seem to delete any of the dependencies relating to it (in new or classic interfaces). I just get a vague error message that it (any entity related to the table) can't be deleted because of dependencies. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I followed the post from @eka24 but it didn't help.

Thanks,

Greg

I found the problem. It was references to the dependencies within Views and Forms. I had to edit each view and form, save and publish before I could delete the entities. It would be great if there could be more useful error messages to save time when there are dependency issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,898)