cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Can't enable enhanced SQL Server connector

When I go to Advanced app settings, I can't enable the Enhanced Microsoft SQL Server Connector. I get the error "Your app has a SQL data source - you must first remove any existing SQL data sources before you can toggle this feature". I've opened View > Data sources, and deleted all SQL Server sources. I've also deleted the specific SQL Server connector from Powerapps > Data > Connections. I've left it overnight in case jobs/sync's need to run but the error still appears. I have other connections in other powerapps to SQL Server so I can't remove all SQL Server connections as it will break those apps. Also when I now go to edit the app, I get a permissions issue saying I need to re-add the SQL Server connection, with an 'Allow' button greyed out.

How can I enable this setting?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Can't enable enhanced SQL Server connector

Hi @angrypikachu ,

I have made a test on my side, once I delete all SQL Server Data sources, the feature can be toggled on.

So the cause of your issue may be that you haven't deleted all SQL Server Connectors.

Can you confirm that is there any flow which contains SQL Server Connector within your apps?

Best regards,

Sik

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-siky-msft ,

No I'm not using Flow or any other SQL Server connectors in the app.

Cheers

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I also have this same problem. Did you end up resolving it? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Highlighted

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Highlighted

I have this same issue - I removed all SQL Datasources and Flows.  There is nothing left to remove.   I have saved and reloaded many times. - Still tells me I have an SQL data source.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,295)