cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Can't find the data source of the template app

I am new to Powerapps and I am trying to create an app using a sample template. however, after selecting the desired template and opening the sample app, even after saving the file to my onedrive, I can't find any folder on my onedrive which I suppose should get auto created.

Also, "make this your own app" option is not visible after opening the sample app.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AakashJaiswal ,

What is the template app's name? You can see what data sources that are connected to the current app from View > Data Sources:

1.JPG 

About "make this your own app" option, did you mean that you cannot see the one here? If so, please take a screenshot of yours here. Do mask sensitive data before you upload.

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Mona,

Thanks for replying. After creating a sample 'Service Desk' app, it should ask me to connect to onedrive/ store data on onedrive, right? 

But it didn't and hence it didn't automatically create any data folder in my onedrive. Therefore, I cannot access the excel data source which is being used in the file

Following is the screenshot I picked up from another post. Please note this didn't pop up didn't appear for me when I tried to create the same Service Desk app. Please help.

For your convenience, I am adding another screenshot. "Make my Own app" triggers the creation of the data file in a new folder. This option is not visible for me for any sample app. Refer the screenshot

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,908)