cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Can't find the data source of the template app

I am new to Powerapps and I am trying to create an app using a sample template. however, after selecting the desired template and opening the sample app, even after saving the file to my onedrive, I can't find any folder on my onedrive which I suppose should get auto created.

Also, "make this your own app" option is not visible after opening the sample app.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Can't find the data source of the template app

Hi @AakashJaiswal ,

What is the template app's name? You can see what data sources that are connected to the current app from View > Data Sources:

1.JPG 

About "make this your own app" option, did you mean that you cannot see the one here? If so, please take a screenshot of yours here. Do mask sensitive data before you upload.

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi Mona,

Thanks for replying. After creating a sample 'Service Desk' app, it should ask me to connect to onedrive/ store data on onedrive, right? 

But it didn't and hence it didn't automatically create any data folder in my onedrive. Therefore, I cannot access the excel data source which is being used in the file

Following is the screenshot I picked up from another post. Please note this didn't pop up didn't appear for me when I tried to create the same Service Desk app. Please help.

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

For your convenience, I am adding another screenshot. "Make my Own app" triggers the creation of the data file in a new folder. This option is not visible for me for any sample app. Refer the screenshot

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,469)