cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WhatsPowerApps
Level: Power Up

Can't find where to edit the form I just published for a sharepoint list

I created a form in Power Apps for a sharepoint list.

I published it and I am able to see the form when I add a new item to the list but for the life of me, how do I edit this form now? The option to edit the form is gone. The "PowerApps" button doesn't give me the option to edit the form.

THe powerapps home page doesn't show the form either. 

This is so frustrating so far I can't even.

I mean, even if I finally find where this form is, the powerapps support for desktop is a joke. I understand that this is a mobile first experience but if Microsoft is pushing this for businesses, they need to find a way to let us more than 5 fields to a form. I mean I can't even fit a proper form because everything is huge on desktop. No support for multiple tabs...ahh whatever

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WhatsPowerApps

Re: Can't find where to edit the form I just published for a sharepoint list

@v-xida-msft

So I found it.

In a list, at the top right cog settings button > List Settings > Form Settings.

I'm switching to InfoPath. It should be closer to the solution I need.

Thumbs down for PowerApps, it's at the kindergarden level as far as customizations and functionality.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
shailendra74
Level 10

Hi @WhatsPowerApps 

You need to create separate screen for Add/Edit and Browse sharepoint list (sharepoint list)

1. Screen1 - Insert a gallery / DataTable control and set the Items property to the sharepoint list
  2. Screen2 - Insert a form: Forms> Edit
  3. Set the data source fo the Editform to the sharepoint list
  4. in advanced property set the Item property to the selected item from gallery1 (screen1)
  5. Item property would be like LookUp('sharepoint list', ID= gallery1.selected.ID)

Screenshot 2019-07-20 at 12.17.09 pm.png

To edit a list item click on the icon as shown above which should have code as:

EditForm(Form1); Navigate(Screen2)

once your changes are done and onclick of submit (button on screen2)

SubmitForm(Form1);Back()

To create a new list item. Place a button on screen1 and write below code

NewForm(Form1); Navigate(Screen2, ScreenTransition.Fade)

Submit remains same as mentioned above.

Thanks.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @WhatsPowerApps ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that you could not edit the custom form (created via PowerApps) in your SP List?

If you want to edit the custom form in your SP List, you need to click "PowerApps"-> "Customize forms" option again as below:12.JPG

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-list-form#further-customize-y...

If the issue still exists, please consider clear cache of your browser, and then sign in your SP List again, check if the issue is solved.

Also please consider remove the custom form from your SP list, then re-create a new one for it using PowerApps, check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
WhatsPowerApps

Honestly, I'm not really sure what you are talking about here. I think you went on to describe how to add a datatable form within a power apps form? Not sure how is that related to the question I asked.

WhatsPowerApps

That's correct 

There's no option to edit the form.

On my end, in this exact view that you screenshoted, if I click on the "PowerApps" menu I only have two options:

- Create an app

-See all apps.

noform.PNG

The customize forms is missing. It was there before I created the form but now that the sharepoint page knows that I have a form for this list, it hid that option.  Like, who thought that is a good idea?

I'm sure it's hidden like 5 clicks away somewhere.

WhatsPowerApps

@v-xida-msft

So I found it.

In a list, at the top right cog settings button > List Settings > Form Settings.

I'm switching to InfoPath. It should be closer to the solution I need.

Thumbs down for PowerApps, it's at the kindergarden level as far as customizations and functionality.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,594)