cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Can't get datacards to show on a form in right columns

I created an edit form with 2 columns. I want a majority of the cards in the second column on the right.

When I drag them around though as I move one card it automatically adjusts all the other cards.

Is there a way to specify the location I want each card in and an order?

So for example something like this:

columnsinPA.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Mattw112IG 

One of the ways to do it is to include some "dummy" columns in the Edit form and move them around so that they are in the correct position.  I did something like that by using some of the metadata columns in SharePoint, leaving the card in place but hiding the visible elements inside the card and clearing the Update property of the card so that it didn't accidentally submit anything when the form was saved.   

The other way to do it is to create your own form as described by @Meneghino  in his blog. https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/09/28/powerapps-101-create-your-own-forms/ .  PowerApps forms are nice as an OOB solution, but if you really want to customize them, sometimes  it can be more trouble than it is worth.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Mattw112IG 

One of the ways to do it is to include some "dummy" columns in the Edit form and move them around so that they are in the correct position.  I did something like that by using some of the metadata columns in SharePoint, leaving the card in place but hiding the visible elements inside the card and clearing the Update property of the card so that it didn't accidentally submit anything when the form was saved.   

The other way to do it is to create your own form as described by @Meneghino  in his blog. https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/09/28/powerapps-101-create-your-own-forms/ .  PowerApps forms are nice as an OOB solution, but if you really want to customize them, sometimes  it can be more trouble than it is worth.  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,996)