cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattw112IG
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Can't get datacards to show on a form in right columns

I created an edit form with 2 columns. I want a majority of the cards in the second column on the right.

When I drag them around though as I move one card it automatically adjusts all the other cards.

Is there a way to specify the location I want each card in and an order?

So for example something like this:

columnsinPA.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Mattw112IG 

One of the ways to do it is to include some "dummy" columns in the Edit form and move them around so that they are in the correct position.  I did something like that by using some of the metadata columns in SharePoint, leaving the card in place but hiding the visible elements inside the card and clearing the Update property of the card so that it didn't accidentally submit anything when the form was saved.   

The other way to do it is to create your own form as described by @Meneghino  in his blog. https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/09/28/powerapps-101-create-your-own-forms/ .  PowerApps forms are nice as an OOB solution, but if you really want to customize them, sometimes  it can be more trouble than it is worth.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Mattw112IG 

One of the ways to do it is to include some "dummy" columns in the Edit form and move them around so that they are in the correct position.  I did something like that by using some of the metadata columns in SharePoint, leaving the card in place but hiding the visible elements inside the card and clearing the Update property of the card so that it didn't accidentally submit anything when the form was saved.   

The other way to do it is to create your own form as described by @Meneghino  in his blog. https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/09/28/powerapps-101-create-your-own-forms/ .  PowerApps forms are nice as an OOB solution, but if you really want to customize them, sometimes  it can be more trouble than it is worth.  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (59,294)