cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Can't get "PowerBIIntegration.Data" or any cooperation between PBI and PA

Hi all,

I'm clearly missing something, as I've tried following a variety of posts, but I cannot get a PowerApp to interact with Power BI, or vice versa.

Let me set up my issue first - hopefully that will help. I have a Power BI report with a table that includes a comment field. I have the UI for a PowerApp with EditForms to view existing text and/or submit new comments for those fields.

I would like to do two things:

1. Filter the items in the PowerApp visual using slicers in Power BI
  2. Have submitting a comment in the PowerApp write back to the same field in the Power BI datasource

I've been able to test both things separately (a PowerApp that can successfully write back to a Google Sheet, having the Google Sheet as a datasource in PBI, and being able to get the PowerApp into PBI as a visual), but can't get them to interact with each other in any way.

A number of people have clearly gotten this to work in the past. Any help?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RMDNA ,

Actually, you could custom the embedded canvas app within your Power BI report.

For your first question, you could add same data source as that in your Power BI report within your embedded canvas app. Then set the Items property of the Gallery to following:

PowerBIIntegration.Data

For your second question, you need to add a new screen within your embedded app, within the new screen, add a Edit form (Form1), connect it to the data source your Power BI report relates to. Add a "Submit" button within this new screen, set the OnSelect property to following:

SubmitForm(Form1)

Within the first screen of the embedded app, add a "+" icon button, set the OnSelect property to following:

NewForm(Form1);Navigate(NewScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

NoteWriting back to same data source as the report using an app will not reflect the changes in your report immediately, your reports will continue to refresh as per your set schedule.

Please check and see if the following article could help in your scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9yYzPg0LwM

There are also some known issues/limits with PowerApps custom visual functionality in Power BI report, please check the following blog:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerbi-powerapps-visual/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting in the community @RMDNA - can you review the above reply and advise if it was helpful?

@Anonymous 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,308)