cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zand1234
Regular Visitor

Can't install PowerApps Studio for Windows

error messageI am unable to install powerapp studio for windows.  I have verified we have powerapp licenses in office 365 and that I have one assigned to me.  I have also verified our office 365 is set to allow users to install store apps.  I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zand1234
Regular Visitor

I found the solution.  Below is the link.  We had a group policy for WSUS that does not all download of windows update via the internet.  Once I disabled that I could download Power App studio from the store.  

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b911ea83-bc06-4711-a6a2-1f0d82642eb9/using-the-win...

This the part of the post that fixed the issue for me.

Check your GPO and the following setting:

BINGO!

Computer

Windows components\Windows update\Do not connect to any windows update internet locations

Even when Windows Update is configured to receive updates from an intranet update service, it will periodically retrieve information from the public Windows Update service to enable future connections to Windows Update, and other services like Microsoft Update or the Windows Store.

Enabling this policy will disable that functionality, and may cause connection to public services such as the Windows Store to stop working.

Note: This policy applies only when this PC is configured to connect to an intranet update service using the "Specify intranet Microsoft update service location" policy.

Disable that and Windows Store will work for the domain account.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Zand1234
Regular Visitor

storeerror.JPG

Fields
Helper V
Helper V

Hey there @Zand1234,

Have you tried install PowerApps trough the store?

If so, i would recommend you to reset the store, and then try again!

In order to do that, press the win+r (Or go search in the search bar if you have windows 10), and then use the WSreset.exe (Or WSreset if you are searching the the search bar in windows 10)

I hope i helped you 🙂

Fields,

Yes I am using the store to do the install.  I have also tried wsreset.exe and that did not fix the issue.  

Hello there,

Have you tried installing trough the web? I am just giving wild guesses at this point... 

I ran out of ideias rly.

When I go to web.powerapps.com and click on the download it asks to opens the store.  If I don't allow it to open the store it does nothing.  

If you own O365, i think your organization would have a button there, to say to install trought the web without going to the shop... That's how i got my PowerApps on Windows... 

If you want i can explain better...

Much as it burns me to say this, the Windows Store is not the exactly most awesome piece of engineering ever produced at Microsoft. Its error reporting in particular pains me personally on a regular basis.

As is all too often the case, this error code is meaningless to everyone. The best I can do is share the text of the error code:

"Connections to the redirector server are disallowed by managed policy"

My interpretation is that your IT admins have blocked Store access via group policy, but this is just a guess based purely on the wording. Can you install anything from the Store?

I just tried and I can't install anything.  I should have thought of that first but I have installed stuff in the past.  I am the admin and I have not created any policy to restrict store access.  I am trying to troubleshoot the store app now.  

HenryMabuti
Regular Visitor

Hi Guys, I do have the same problem - unable to install powerapps studio in Windows 10. More often than not I get unresponsive page after pressing the button to install. Hope there is a workaround like downloading standalone install package file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,369)