cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buster
Level: Powered On

Can't install PowerApps Studio for Windows

Hi, I'm new but hope you can help. I was invited to PowerApps preview a few days ago, I've loaded and logged onto using my O365 credentials to the PowerApps runtime app on my phone successfully, I can navigate to powerapps section of the portal online via my desktop no problem; and to this forum too. BUT...

When I try to download the 'PowerApps Studio for Windows' onto my laptop from Microsoft Store doesn't work (the get app button does nothing); after further investigation I found the following error on the aka site;

AADSTS50020: User account '***@m*****.onmicrosoft.com' from identity provider 'https://sts.windows.net/e3742f83-f869-49ad-8195-b727ac85dc8a/' does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft' and cannot access the application 'http://sxp.cloudapp.net/' in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account. 

Any ideas?

14 REPLIES 14
Microsoft Sara_fan
Microsoft

Re: Can't install PowerApps Studio for Windows

Hi buster,

You could download the PowerApps from the url below to check if it can work.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/powerapps/9nblggh5z8f3

Best regards,

Sara Fan

buster

Hi Sara,

That's the same link I've been trying using to use that doesn't do anything or launch any installation process for me, thanks for replying though.

Anyone else got any ideas? I'm desperate to get started....

Hey,

Maybe your O365 does not have a PowerApps license in your tenant ? Check that in the Administration page.

Do you open your windows session with the same account ? Are you able to install any other app like PowerBI for example ?

Matthieu Megaly
KProuty

Did you find out what the problem was? I can't download it either. I have a PowerApps license through Office365.

I keep getting asked to sign in with a personal account without even the option for a business account when I click the Free button. I then log into the store using my business account, but it STILL asks me for a outlook, live, msn account.

JQ
Level: Power Up

find resoluRe: Can't install PowerApps Studio for Windows

Hi K,

Were you able to find resolution on this? I'm also having the same problem, no option for Work or School account though I'm signed in using my work account.

KProuty

Re: find resoluRe: Can't install PowerApps Studio for Windows

I did. I should have posted the answer here when I found it.

I THINK all I had to do was the following (Please note, I'm an administrator so I had access to this setting. If you don't have access, you have to ask your admin to turn this setting on.)

I'm trying to upload screenshots but for some reason I keep getting the "wait" signal and they never upload.

The problem is that your ORGANIZATION hasn't turned on the Office Store ORGANIZATION option, so it keeps shoving you to the consumer store.

Go to Office 365 Admin.

Choose Settings, Services and Add Ins, then Choose the Office STORE, then turn the Store Option on.

I then went to the business store. It isn't the same url of the consumer store, but I can't find the correct url right now for the life of me. I'm not sure if it can kick you into the correct store automatically if your organzation has turned on that option or not. Maybe someone else can chime in? I need to figure out this answer once more people in my org need to have access...

Or, actually, I may have gone in through Sharepoint. I gave myself a license through Office365 to PowerApps. I then had access to PowerApps through the "waffle" pulldown. I then went to the office store through there.

Let me know if this works for you!

JQ

Thanks for this, K.

I'll inform our admin about this one.

KProuty

FYI, your work email my also be listed as both a personal and a work or school account. Make sure before you try to download that you actually SIGN in to the store using your work/school account before you attempt to download. Otherwise, it might not ask you for which account you want and do nothing.

raubenw

Hi. Has anyone found a solution het? My colleagues with Windows 8 can install PowerApps IDE and Flow and PowerBI without a hitch. I can't even log in to the store with my Work email address and when I click on the install button (with private gmail account) nothing happens:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/powerapps/9nblggh5z8f3 

Trying to sign in with my work email:

Microsoft account

You can't sign up here with a work or school email address. Use a personal email, such as Gmail or Yahoo!, or get a new Outlook email.
My Windows version attached:

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,562)