Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't move fields in a form

Hi, 

Pretty straightforward issue, I can't move any of the field from my forms, using all 3 ways that I know, moving with mouse and the 2 others highlighted in the picture below :

movefield1.png

I didn't have the issue yesterday,

Does somebody have the same issue or/and have an idea on how to resolve it ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@Anonymous 

Generally, if you open the App designer, it will time out after some time. We must always close the app and re-open it when we need it. 

Sometime, app cache creates unexpected issues.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@Anonymous 

Click on EditForm2 and check the Fields panel. Then, you should see all the fields fields.

Also, in the designer, select the card and you can drag it to a desired location. 

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rsaikrishna 

I did all that and it doesn't work, as it shows in the screenshot I put, there are no fields in the fields panel. The drag and drop doesn't work whether it's on the main screen or the left menu.

Regards,

Highlighted

I am having the same issue. Started yesterday. Others in my org are having the same problem as well. Seems to be a Microsoft issue vs a browser/user config issue.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now after closing and reopening my App it works,

They should really fix these issues, I have seen forum messages from 2018 relating the same issue,

Highlighted

@Anonymous 

Generally, if you open the App designer, it will time out after some time. We must always close the app and re-open it when we need it. 

Sometime, app cache creates unexpected issues.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I'll try that first from now,

Thanks for the clues,

Highlighted

@rsaikrishna this doesn't work, and neither do any of the other suggestions you have put forward.  why aret microsoft fixing this massive bug with their software?

To even suggest closing and reopening the app designer, is the same as turning your PC off and back on again - its simply unacceptable that this is still happening 2 YEARS after it has been reported.

Can anyone post a proper fix for this ridiculous and frustrating bug?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,971)