cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Can't reference Form1.LastSubmit.ID?

Unrelated, but has anyone noticed the PA forums erroring out when creating topics like 50% of the time?

Anyhow, I have a form that I submit with a button. In the OnSuccess of the form, I have a patch that I'm trying to reference the forms lastsubmit.ID but it doesn't like the ID part? It gives me a "expected text but found error" message.

The wild thing is I have this working in a different app without issue.

19 REPLIES 19

@notj 

What happens if you put Form1.LastSubmit.ID in a label?  Does it show any value?

Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@mdevaney  still can't reference it. Screenshot below:

@notj 

What does the full error message say for ID.  Screenshot please.

Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@mdevaney 

Same as before:
 2019-12-19 09_48_44-CER - Saved (Unpublished) - Power Apps.png

@notj 

The ID field in CDS must be named something different then.  What are your columns in CDS.  Show a screenshot if possible.

Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I have a bunch, but here's the majority of them. You can see the parentcernum field in here as well.

Also, even if that field was wrong, it doesn't really explain why I can't target the Form1.LastSubmit.ID at all right? I would just get a "This column doesn't exist" error in my Patch code.

@notj 

Actually, I think it does explain why.  SharePoint always has an ID field to track the unique value.  You are using CDS which tracks "ID" in a different column.

Your "ID" must be in one of those fields in the screenshot.  I would try these ideas.  Otherwise, you'll have to start digging through CDS to find the appropriate field...

Form1.LastSubmit.CERNum
Form1.LastSubmit.CERNum.ID
Form1.LastSubmit.CERNum.Value

View solution in original post

Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@mdevaney  Ohhhh... OK. Wow, yea that makes sense now. I think it's probably this field then:
2019-12-19 10_09_55-Power Apps.png

I'll mess around with it and report back. I think you solved it though.

@notj 

Bingo!

Form1.LastSubmit.CERLineItems

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Hi @notj ,

Do you mean that the Edit form is connected to your CDS Entity?

Do you want to patch data from your collLineItems collection to your CERLineItems Entity along with the submitted CERLineItems value?

I have made a test on my side, please consider modify your formula as below:

ForAll(
       collLineItems,
       Patch(
              CERLineItems,
              Defaults(CERLineItems),
              {
                Vendor: collLineItems[@vendor],
                ItemDesc: collLineItems[@itemDesc],
                ItemClassification: collLineItems[@classType],
                ParentCERNum: Form1.LastSubmit.CERLineItems
              }
       )
)

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,036)