Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Can't see pictures in IOS devices

Any one of you are having this issue?

My app shows all of the pictures in the web browser, but in my ipad/iphone I only can see data no pictures?

all my pictures are in *.PNG format could be this the issue?

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Can't see pictures in IOS devices

Are the images on sharepoint lists that needs authentication? If so, we indeed have an issue that is being investigated.

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Thanks for your prompt response. No. The pictures are in my one drive folder
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

I think somehow they are related issues. I guess on OneDrive they're requiring authentication too. I can repro the issue in that case.

In either case, can you please share more details on how are you creating & accessing the images, so I can try to repro it locally and eventually find a workaround?

thanks

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Sure. I used the Asset Sample to incorporate my own data. I have shared in powr apps my app with the users

and also I have shared data.xlxs file and data_images with the users.

but the entire path is not shared just the those files, I mean in my onedrivedrive for business I have a folder

Files>PowerApps>Templates>AssetCheckout_xxxxxx> then Data and data images

only data and data images are shared

here is a screenshot of the web version and ipad version

BTW, I also changed the picture path to the entire file path instead of ./data_image/picture1.png

https://companyabc-my.sharepoint.com/personal/userabc_companyabc_com/Documents/PowerApps/Templates/A...

Webversion.JPGIMG_0180.PNG

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

So, we believe this is indeed exactly the known issue we have that's affecting iOS and Android and is currently under investigation. If I well understood your comment well, I can see you replaced the ./data_image/picture1.png by a link which is a sharepoint.com link (and, BTW, I can't access the file, what makes sense because it's not shared with me, proving there's auth involved). 

As a workaround, if that's possible, you can have your images in a unauthenticated (public) server. This way the image can be retrieved on iOS/Android properly. Another way is use your onedrive directly. By having the folder shared, I can see it working properly on an iOS device with the excel link as it was on sample (./data_image, for instance). Can you please give that a try? Unfortunately there's not a workaround to point to sharepoint directly if it needs auth, so you'll need to wait for a fix being released and there's no ETA for now.

But answering your very first question this is definitely not related to image file type. I can see both JPGs and PNGs in my list.

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Thanks again, you cannot see the picture because I modified the link to protect the data, but the link is working fine.

I can move the pictures to another platform which is a public folder. but then I will need to recreate links.

Could you please point me in the right direction on how to do this? "Another way is use your onedrive directly. By having the folder shared" I have the file "Data" and the pictures folder shared is not in this way?

Let me know please

Regards

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

This is the way for sharing the folder, I think you're ok here. The problem seems to be that you changed the xls to instead of having relative paths to an absolute https sharepoint.com path. is that correct? If so, try just leaving the path as we have on assets sample: a relative path to the image based on the folder the xls file is.

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Before I had the path in that way, but I cannot see the images in both WEB and IOS, then I changed the path and after thjat I can see pictures on the WEB but not on IOS devices. 

but I will change it again.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

So, I'll describe how my app is working here, it might help you finding a solution:

I have a patest folder where my xls lies. On OneDrive, I've created a link to share patest with anyone with the link. I can see this applies to all files and subfolders.

On PA, I'm using a onedrive connection to this xls. I have an addPicture control and add files to the xls with a 

Patch(Table1_1,Defaults(Table1_1),{Image:Image1.Image})

Please notice this is optional in your case. 

On OneDrive, my XLS has a table with a single column which header is Image[Image].

By executing the patch command with the Onedrive connection, it will automatically upload the addpicture image and add the reference to the XLS file like this: .\Pics_images\648bf3773ed5de63eebcfaf661957a9e.png (Where Pics is my xls filename. Both pics_image folder and image was created and added by the onedrive connection too). But this is more describing the upload process. In your case, you already have the images there, so nothing to worry about here.

For seeing the images:

I have a gallery with images. Gallery has Items set to Table_1 (how my table was named in my OneDrive connection) and each image in the gallery has the Image property set as ThisItem.Image (Image in this case is matching the column name on XLS).

Although my code here was meant to send the picture to Onedrive and then read them, there's nothing here that forbids you have only the access to the xls file and set the values directly.

This shows (and saves in my sample) images on both WEB and iOS. Any file I grab the link can be opened in a unathenticated browser session. 

And my xls file looks like this:

xlscap.PNG

Does that helps anyhow?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,568)